You start to grow 10 extra eyes
You start speaking in tongues
You only eat lettuce
You become very protein deficient
HAHAHAHAHAH I AM KIDDING
So, in some way, you are curious about eating plant based because you clicked on this blog post. Please know whatever decision you make, I am here for you and I support you.
So what happens when you go plant based?
Well, a LOT of things!
- You Feel Better! Eating plant based food will stabilize your mood and increases energy levels!
- You’ll Reduce Inflammation in Your Body! Eating animal proteins causes you to have elevated levels of inflammation in your body, so when you begin cutting those out and adding more colorful fruits & vegetables they begin to fight oxidative stress and act like little ninjas in the body reducing inflammation.
- You Get the Right Amount of Protein! As Americans, we eat too much animal products! We are worried about “protein”, but we should be more worried about fiber and nutrients. The average American gets more than 1.5 times the optimal amount of protein, and this is usually through animal protein foods. When you eat too much animal protein it gets stored as fat, causing inflammation, heart disease and weight gain. The protein in plant based foods help protect the body against many diseases. Bottom line, if you are eating an abundant amount of plant based foods, you CAN NOT become protein deficient.
- Your Taste Buds Will Change! You will be eating less added sugar and less processed things so your taste buds will reset. You will discover how sweet a strawberry can be and how you crave a healthy fulfilling salad.
- You Get to Contribute to Earth in a Good Way! Eating less meat reduces greenhouse gases, you will reduce animal cruelty,you will help save forest destruction. Did you know it takes 1,000 gallons of water to produce 1 gallon of milk?! Wait, but it takes 1,800 gallons of water for a single pound of beef to be produced. The meat and dairy industry uses 1/3rd of Earths water supply. When eating plan based you are contributing to less waste pollution, less species extinction, less marine life destruction and you help alleviate world hunger.
Adopting a plant based lifestyle is the most powerful and positive impacts you can do to preserve your body and your planet.
Now, who is ready?